Maritime Delivery Services allows for real time delivery updates by providing drivers and owner operators with mobile tablets. The tablets not only allow drivers to update their delivery and pick up times in real time but they also allow for drivers to communicate with dispatch and receive critical shipment information as well as daily dispatches electronically.
The tablets also provide customers with the ability to receive POD's immediately via email by simply signing the delivery/ pickup receipts electronically and providing an email address at time of delivery.
The tablets use a state of the art mobile app called Disc Mobile Service.
DiSC mobile is a revolutionary new electronic proof of delivery & mobile dispatch service. The digital signature capture application was created to expedite and simplify the current system of receiving and processing Proof of Delivery documents (PODs). DiSC mobile utilizes the existing capabilities of the Profit Tools Mobile Comm, and Document Imaging modules, along with Android web based technology, for a "one device platform".
- Consignee reviews the shipment information clearly displayed on the driver's
handheld Android device.
- Displayed information includes: time in & out, equipment numbers, seal
numbers, pcs./weight, etc.
- Consignee then signs to accept the shipment digitally on the phone or tablet.
- Signature is then captured & transmitted to the DiSC mobile server, creating
a fully customizable POD.
- POD is now immediately available in your Profit Tools application and can be
relayed instantly to the consignee, or other interested parties, via email, FTP,
or online or through web access, without office staff having to take action.
- DiSC mobile doubles as a mobile communications link between your driver and dispatch office.
- Event details are clearly viewable to your driver through DiSC mobile once assignments have
been routed to your Profit Tools system.
- Details include, but are not limited to, equipment numbers, appointments, & deadlines,
pick-up numbers, expected pieces/weight, etc.
- Driver can update any information that he gathers in the field back to your dispatch system,
such as arrival and departure times, pieces & weight, equipment numbers, seal numbers, etc.